Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Failure=Growth

I failed. Point blank that's all there is to it. I fell far & hard yesterday. I became what i disliked in others, i was irresponsible & selfish. My anger at myself, my guilt threw me into a spiral of depression. If i can mess up so royally, than who am i? Is there any hope for me? I asked myself if i was in the position of judging myself would i forgive? The answer is sadly no (not right but i know myself) Then how can i expect others to forgive me? So there i was........not ready to forgive myself. I then decided to read some scriptures about failure. I happend upon a study about Peter. Jesus KNEW he would deny him 3x's but STILL FORGAVE HIM! God knows our faults before we even commit them, yet He still forgives us anyway! That doesn't mean we can do what we want.......we should still strive to become more like Him, but in our hour of disgrace there is hope. “The Lord sustains all who fall, and raises up all who are bowed down” (Psalm 145:14). He sustaines all who fall. Sin even as a Christian is inevitable. We are foolish to believe that we can't sin anymore once we are a Christian. We are predisposed to sin as a natural consequence of the garden of eden & this makes it harder to live right. WE DO have a CHOICE though, and in the moment we can chose to do the right thing.However, when we don't God will sustain us in His Mercy & Grace. When we are broken & hurting because of our own foolishness, He gently reminds us of just how forgiving He can be. I am so greatful for His mercy & His grace. I learned a valuable lesson. I CAN'T DO IT ALONE! I have tried far too long to cange myself BY myself & i failed miserably. It is time that i try reaching out my hand to Him for help, because only God can change this path i was on. “The steps of a man are established by the Lord; and He delights in his way. When he falls, he shall not be hurled headlong; because the Lord is the One who holds his hand” (Psalm 37:23-24). Lord, i want my steps established in you. I want you to hold my hand, to guide me as you would a child. Lord i believe in your Word & am claiming it for myself today. Please forgive my stubborn disobedience, & ignorance. Please help me to find my way back to your path & light my way. Give me the strength i need to turn away from my temptations & give me a way to stand strong when others may not understand. Thank you for your Love & understanding even when i falter. In jesus's name amen. If you are struggling too & u have failed miserably just like me.......take hope in the fact that God will forgive you! Failure = growth....God can use anything for His glory even when we can't see how.

No comments:

Post a Comment