Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Mountains out of Mole hills

Have you ever hear that expression? Making a mountain out of a mole hill? Isn't that what we do daily? We cry about not having this or that, worry about this bill or that bill, wonder if we will have strength for today & see them all as insurmountable mountains. How silly we are! God tells us He is bigger than any ole problem we can dredge up in our feeble mindedness! To Him our huge Mt Everest is a small mole hill He can easily step on & squish down to nothing! All we have to do is ASK & BELIEVE! Why is that so hard for us? As i look in my own life i see alot of these "mole hills" & i get overwhelmed........but i have to laugh at myself because God probably laughs at me ALL the time! He probably is patiently wondering when i will come to my senses & finally ask Him to take over. He probably shakes His head & rolls His eyes every time i take steps in my own strength to ensure i can climb such a great problem mountain. He probably says to an angel or 2 "hey look at Elisa.....lol shes doin it again. Makin things so hard for herself & she forgot to jus simply ASK ME!" My prayer life has always been a lil sparse. Not the greatest, prettiest or even most regular. Today i prayed quite a bit. It didnt seem long, i didnt fall asleep (yes i have done that before), i felt a presence over my body i haven't felt in a sincerely long time. I felt true amazing JOY & COMFORT, i had PEACE & felt His LOVE. I cried tears of happiness because i realized this is what i have been craving & wanting all along. I missed talking to God like i would a friend, a Father. I am encouraged greatly in my walk with Him. I feel a significant change in my life & hope that i can show that to others. I am excited to see where i am going! I have been sick for 4 days & unable to eat. I decided to fast today even though i have an appetite to show God how serious i am in wanting His will & His help with a situation i can't fix on my own. I felt extremely weak this morning & worn...........after my few hours in His Word & prayer i feel strong (although hungry). I am confident that i will get an answer. I am not confident it will be the one i most want to hear, but i have let God take the reins. I want to gorify His name in all i do. If this situation wouldn't glorify Him in some way then i can understand a no answer. Sure it will hurt a little, but for everthing He takes away, He has something better for us. THank you Lord for today! Thank you for encouraging me to continue to follow Your Word & Your design in my life. I pray whomever may be reading this small window into my journey of Faith will be encouraged as well. I pray that my many mistakes & struggles can help them keep from stumbling in the same areas (& mayb also bring them some laughter)I love you God, more than anything this world holds for me. Love your beautiful in your eyes & redeemed daughter Elisa

No comments:

Post a Comment