Monday, March 5, 2012

Starting a Journey

So i decided today to start a journey & share it with whomever stumbles upon it! For me, this is just a little bit frightening since i am typically careful of the layers i allow others to "peel back". I stuggle with acceptance & knowing just exactly where my place in life is. I am a mother, step-mother, daughter,sister, friend, niece, cousin, fiancee (currently TRYING to adjust to about to be wife!),daughter of a King,cosmetologist,medical assistant, and well yes poet. All of these different facets of who i am make up the whole ME, but i find that i compartmentalize them. I am often distracted by trying to be them ALL at the same time, when certain ones need to be priority. Right now, i am trying to put being the daughter of a King first & foremost. I am learning the more i struggle putting it 1st, the more things pop up to prevent it. So today, since i know God as given me a "gift" i chose to stop trying & DO! Here i am! Writing! In the past few weeks i have learned just how powerful our words can be. I am ready to lay down my words that i have used as "weapons of mass destruction" & begin to use my words to encourage, uplift, bring joy & light. I love the gift God gave me too much to lose it for being stubborn. I no longer want to cut those around me with my "two edged sword". I have never experienced as much joy, than when i write something that paints a clear & colorful picture of something beautiful. I used to rarely share my writings, because i was scared of someone not liking them. I then realized God doesn't give a gift & say only use it for those who like it...........no He says use it for HIM!!! So i am ready, i am willing, i am able & Here i am Lord. Send Me :)

No comments:

Post a Comment