Thursday, March 8, 2012

Today is a New Day

Good Morning! My <3 is light today :) Forgiveness does amazing things i tell you! Love Covers a multitude of sins for sure! So i am getting married in just a few weeks (i know i know scary!) I decided to read up on marriage & the part of the wife. There are many Bible verses that tell a wife to "submit". Every time i read this my heart kinda does a shrinking movement. I have been a single mother for almost 13yrs. I have been mother, father, healer,strength,bread winner, everything for my children. I have never had someone to help me consistently when my child was seriously ill, or someone to rely on when my child needed certain things. There was only ME. I made all the decisions for my children ALONE. To rely on someone else is a completely foriegn concept to me. Much less to SUBMIT?! On one hand i am questioning God's reasoning, the other had i am kind of relieved. "You mean, God, being alone is NOT your plan for me??!!" I look back over my childhood & think about how things were in my household. My Dad had the final say over everything. Sure, Mom sometimes gently talked him into what she thought was good for us kids, but if Dad said "NO" that was it. I am kind of excited now......i don't always have to be the one to say "no"! As i read further though it becomes apparent i don't get off that easily. To submit means also i have to WILLINGLY follow. Hmmmmmmm so even if i don't really like it, or agree i have to follow what my husband says?! Today's philosophy is Women's rights & liberalism, but is that God's plan for me? Do i have the right to be treated with respect? Maybe, but God's clear message here is FOLLOW whom i have chosen to lead. That person is my soon-to-be husband. How much strife could be prevented in the home if wives simply followed their husbands? God lays a clear foundation for husbands to follow, but it's not my place to know that. My place is as the wife, therefore i need to learn how to submit (as much as it is a foreign thing for me!) Makes it a bit different when we think about who we have chosen to be in our lives huh? Looking back would i have chosen to be involved in a relationship with those people i chose before? If i had been concerned about God's plan to be a Godly wife & submit, would my choices have been different? Absolutely! I can't re-do the past, but i can ask God's forgiveness & move on. I can do it right from here on out. So therefore i need to learn how to submit, WILLINGLY. Not only to my soon-to-be husband but to God. Our husbands are only a picture of what Christ is to the church, think about that!

No comments:

Post a Comment